The incumbent in this position is responsible for the solicitation, on-boarding, and management of new employer based, at-work banking partnerships that generate long term, tangible value to Alliant through the cost effective acquisition of new memberships, loans, and deposit balances.
Account Executives serve as the primary business to business sales and relationship representatives in Alliant’s key markets in conducting outreach to prospective members and employer partners. Incumbents build brand equity and generate new business through on-site marketing events at assigned companies, participation in professional networking events, telemarketing to targeted prospects, program marketing at tradeshows, and social media outreach. Work involves moderate difficulty in negotiating access to new and existing member groups, development of marketing plans and related strategies, and ongoing cultivation of sponsor relationships. Additional responsibilities include participation in strategic planning initiatives, team meetings, and internal partner outreach to increase awareness, support, and referrals from area business partners. Resources to do the job require strong knowledge of credit union product and services, intermediate technical skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word, and strong negotiation and organizational skills. General supervision is received from the Sr. National Manager Business Development.
Outside Sales: Identifies and acquires new partnerships with local and national employers (250-5,000 employees) within assigned geographic area. Manages an active sales pipeline and ensures new and member enrollment targets are achieved through ongoing review, analysis, and outreach to local companies as well as by cultivating internal and external referral sources.
• Supports National Manager in the identification of large sponsor opportunities (5,000 employees and above) and participates in prospect decision maker meetings, sales presentations, and proposals. New business opportunities are generated by Account Executives through local networking events with the HR associations and other professional networking groups, telemarketing, and research of local business market to identify right-fit prospects.
• Maintains schedule to ensure minimum requirements for partner meetings, telemarketing calls, and other sales activities are met with limited supervision from the National Manager.
• Conducts research on industry trends and best practices and provides regular feedback to assist in the calibration and development of partner acquisition strategies, collateral development, and ongoing enhancements to program offering.
Relationship Development: With support from the internal Relationship Planning Team, Account Executives are responsible for the design and execution of new client marketing plans and work to cement commitments with clients to ensure all member penetration and balance growth sales targets are met within defined timeline.
• Facilitates on-site events at sponsor companies to promote benefit offering and drive participation within sponsor companies.
• Plans and delivers financial seminars and workshops and webinars to new and prospective member groups. Provides feedback and input to national leadership team to aid in the development of relationship strategies and incorporates key marketing messages in local sales activities to grow business.
• Conducts quarterly relationships reviews and follow-ups for accounts under management to ensure strong engagement with HR/Benefits partners.
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field and minimum five to seven years of experience in business-to- business sales focusing on new business acquisition and relationship management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
• Must be willing to travel up to 50%, some evenings and weekends required.