The incumbent in this position proactively leads and directs all analytical support efforts for the credit union in the following key areas: asset liability management analytics, economic capital planning and analytics, net worth and dividend decision support, balance sheet risk management and mitigation planning, investment performance analytics, economic scenario and stress testing, interest rate and liquidity risk analytics, and associated regulatory compliance support. The incumbent will lead a team to provide ALM analytical support to management and board of directors via monthly IALCO meetings, quarterly ALCO meetings, quarterly financial forecast, and annual strategic planning processes. In addition, the incumbent leads implementation, rollout, and maintenance of the ALM system, and provides support to other Accounting, Finance, Investment, and Credit Risk Management teams. Resources to do the job require effective written and verbal communication skills, strong and proven financial modeling ability, advanced analytical and systems skills, strong relationship skills and the ability to collaborate with peers, and effective management capability. Direction is received from the Vice President of Finance and Risk Management.
Asset Liability Management Analytics Function:
- Direct and lead all analytical efforts related to interest rate risk and asset liability management activities leveraging variety of tools and techniques including economic scenario planning, stochastic simulation modeling, tail risk quantification, stress testing and risk mitigation, and presentations to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Partner closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team, lead economic capital planning as part of the quarterly rolling forecasts, and 3-5 year business planning efforts. Continuously improve the planning methodology to comply with BASEL II / III Accords.
- Lead analytical support and provide effective and transparent reporting to quarterly ALCO committee and monthly IALCO meetings. Effectively communicate financial performance, risks, and strategy recommendations. Enable strategic net worth and dividend decisions at the management and board of director levels for the enterprise.
- Develop and maintain Funds Transfer Pricing methodologies for transfer pricing the Balance Sheet and work with Financial Planning and Analysis team to develop profitability analytics. Enable business decisions to optimize risk and return for the enterprise.
- Partner closely with the Investment function, measure and monitor the post-trade performance of investment portfolio, support and evaluate innovative investment and hedging strategies. Ensure regulatory compliance of the portfolio from a risk and liquidity standpoints.
- Provide robust statistical analytics to support portfolio modeling, member behavior, pricing sensitivity, dividend pricing studies. Continuously improve analytical capability of the team to provide insightful and relevant recommendations to drive business decision making.
- Lead the organization in continuing our fact-based decision making culture by building good working relationships with cross-functional teams, leveraging data and systems to provide the "right" information at the "right" time, and building a talent base in the ALM Analytics function that can progressively advance with the growth of the organization
- Partner with IT/Systems to continuously improve and construct new capabilities around performance metric analysis and reporting to effectively provide information that allows for prompt business decisions.
- Coach, counsel, train and develop employees in their assigned tasks.
- Identify and initiate opportunities to strengthen engagement (Q12) among our team as well as build solid relationships with our internal customers to provide better service and communications.
- Applies great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provides a structured and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as fax, copier and personal computer.
- Completion of a Master degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Advanced certification in CFA, FRM, PRM preferred but not required
- 5-7 years experience in the asset liability management, treasury, or financial analytics function
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience
- Financial Institution experience preferred, but not required
- Extensive financial modeling skills required, including statistical analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Proficiency with one of the following asset liability management systems preferred but not required: QRM, SunGard, SAS, IPS / Sendero
- Ability to multi-task and deal with heavy volume period with tight time parameters
- The incumbent must be a cross-functional team player, able to build effective working relationships, has strong influence management skills, and has the ability to understand and apply its functions to the overall business strategy and operations, to drive transparency, integrity and fiscal responsibilities
- Advanced performance management skills required; must have the ability to lead a team through effective management skills including coaching, development, talent retention and recruitment.