Reporting directly to the Senior Manager – Loan Trading Desk, this role conducts important monitoring, analysis, and auditing tasks necessary to administer a large diversified purchased/participated loan portfolio. Provides general analysis and reporting on portfolio performance to facilitate forecasting, asset pricing, support of Finance, ALCO, credit committee, internal audit, corporate performance reporting, and centralized credit product management. Develops automated tracking, reporting, and analysis tools. Tracks and validates auditing and analysis work required by other credit union areas. Actively partners with Finance, lending lines of business, treasury, ALM, external partners, and other financial institutions. Tracks the flow of funds and remittances related to participated/purchased loans held or serviced. Analyzes and reconciles accounts to ensure accurate records and ledgers. This position requires approximately 10% travel.
- Portfolio and counterparty analysis, reporting, and tracking.
- Collects data from counterparties and borrowers Develops reports and models that track asset, portfolio, partner performance
- Analytical support of transaction pricing and negotiation.
- Develops internal pricing models based on Alliant data and history
- Analyze and quantify alternative deal structures and program designs
- Critique and cross-check analysis and claims of counterparties and borrowers
- Analytical support of strategic decision-making. Develop ad hoc reports as necessary to inform executive team, Credit Committee, ALCO, and other governing bodies
- Model various business strategies and program changes under consideration Counterparty set-up, system integration, and system audits.
- Advises on the design of data sharing and transmission process
- Conduct site visits to counterparties and borrowers as necessary to test data systems, configure data transfer, and validate accuracy of reporting
Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, mathematics, statistics, or similar quantitative discipline required. MBA, MAcc, CPA, or similar graduate level credential in business, finance, accounting, or statistics preferred. Two or more years experience in banking or finance industry in analytical field required. Prior experience in lending and credit analysis strongly preferred. Prior experience in accounting, finance, or auditing roles a plus. Must be a self-managed self-starter capable of balancing multiple tasks and proactively prioritizing work in changing conditions. Must be demonstrably proficient in the use of office productivity technology, especially spreadsheet/database/statistics software. Must have experience with statistical and financial modeling, enterprise data warehousing, and business intelligence technologies. Should be familiar with the current competitive, economic, and regulatory environment of credit unions, banks, and investment finance.