Primary Function: The incumbent in this position is responsible for the overall operational management of key functions for the Credit Union – EFT & Checking, Payment Processing, Debit, Credit, ATM & Gift Cards, Special Services, Account Services and Document Workflow. Responsible for continued improvement for processes while also implementing new products and enhancements to existing programs. Resources to do the job require knowledge of all levels of back office operations, VISA Operating Rules and Regulations, governmental regulations and a solid knowledge of checking and card services’ various networks and processing relationships. Understanding of IRAs and HSAs. The incumbent in this position will lead the operations functions through direct leadership of functional supervisors. Direction is received from the Vice President of Operations.
- Responsible for continual process improvement and streamlining efficiencies. Ensures Service Level Agreements are met for both internal and external customers/members.
- Responsible for management of vendor partners relationship(s) to ensure optimum customer service, quality, accuracy and responsiveness.
Product Development and Support:
- Support the operational implementation of new products, enhancements to existing products/channels, with direct interaction with IS staff to facilitate host processor interfaces related to all card processing.
- Provide quarterly summary of trends related to all areas of each program.
- Remain abreast of industry product development, as well as state and federal regulation changes/updates.
- Collaborate with Member Communications and Consumer Lending departments to assist in the development, pricing and strategies of debt and credit programs.
- Develop and produce key management reports to minimize Credit Union risk and maintain compliance.
- Responsible for project scope, development of detailed Project Plan(s) and successful, timely and seamless implementation of all new and existing product enhancements within the operations teams functions.
- Responsible for management of all key vendor/partners; including recommendations for vendor review either at the time of existing contract renewal or when lack of quality and/or service warrant review.
- Primarily responsible for successful conversion of any vendor/partner within the division as needed.
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structured and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Suggested training and experience: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree , Business Management or a related field and minimum of 4-5 years of related experience. Must have a minimum of two years supervisory experience. Must have experience in Project Management. Must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, while providing direction and support to all direct reports and internal customers.