Reporting to the SVP of Lending, the VP, Consumer Lending leads and directs Alliant’s retail and wholesale consumer lending business, including secured and unsecured loans and lines, and Visa cards. Accountable for line-of-business strategy and operations including underwriting and credit administration, processing and funding, and portfolio servicing. Collaborates with executive leadership, product managers, marketing, financial planning & analysis, ALM, credit risk, information technology, and channel management to define Alliant’s consumer lending operations model, set product mix, and design/deliver a distinctive service experience. Requires sound and proven leadership abilities, effective written and verbal communication skills, strong and demonstrable analytical abilities, advanced technology systems skills, strong relationship skills and political savvy, the demonstrated ability to collaborate well with all levels of the organization, and effective operations management capability.
- Plan and direct all aspects of retail and wholesale consumer lending including policies, budgets, objectives and initiatives.
- Ensure assigned consumer lending functions, processes, and personnel are aligned and supporting the member advocacy mission.
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives to meet established and strategic goals.
Monitor and recommend enhancements to existing retail and wholesale consumer loan products including process and pricing as well as support the development of new products that add value to the member.
- Establish annual origination and expense goals as well as set long term strategic goals.
- Ensure regulatory compliance, strong internal controls, and quality assurance policies and procedures are in place, documented, and adhered to at all times.
- Oversee and monitor relationships with third party partners.
Credit Risk Management Responsibilities:
- Participate on the Credit Committee and sub-committees and review complex loans.
- Recommend loan policy revisions/additions to SVP of Lending, Credit Committee, and Board of Directors
- Monitor and recommend changes to underwriting guidelines and credit policy.
- Design and implement systems required to capture, evaluate, and monitor credit risk.
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; deliver on strategy through the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation.
- Provide business vision by creating imagery and transparency in the possibilities, opportunities and direction of the future.
Performance Management Responsibilities:
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Continual assessment, discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization of subordinate leaders of others.
Operates a variety of office equipment such as telephone, fax, copier, and personal computer.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Undergraduate degree in finance, business administration, operations management or related field required. Graduate-level degree in finance, economics, business administration or equivalent credential preferred. Minimum 10 years of direct consumer lending or equivalent experience required. At least five years of experience leading and directing lending professionals strongly preferred. Prior leadership experience demonstrating increasing responsibility and track record of success required. Prior experience with indirect POS lending and credit card program management preferred. Prior experience with remote and online lending channels strongly preferred.