Alliant Credit Union, the largest credit union in Illinois, is seeking a Branch Lending & Product Specialist. The incumbent in this position serves as the lead sales professional within the assigned Alliant branch location. Utilizing a “Needs Based Sales” approach the incumbent is responsible to grow and increase sales for the credit union through loan origination, product sales, mortgage referrals and deposit accounts to successfully achieve individual and team production goals. Resources to do the job require reliance on an understanding and awareness of the Needs Based Sales approach and product knowledge. Assist Branch Manager in coaching and leading employees towards achievement of branch goals. Supervision is received from the Branch Manager. Schedule at times will require weekend and evening workhours.
· Responsible for delivering excellence as a member advocate and upholding the CARES model in all aspects of serving Alliant’s members.
· Coordinates branch telemarketing program and functions as lead for outbound calling initiatives.
· Consistently build and expand member relationships by utilizing the “needs based” approach, whereby product solutions and services are recommended to the member based on and identified need.
· Utilization of Sales Tracking and Referral tool for submitting and responding to member referrals.
· Manages a prospect list.
· Assists the Branch Manager in the development of branch/regional sales promotions and events.
· Consistently meets or exceeds sales performance goals including but not limited to loan and share products & services, ancillary products and referrals.
· Prospects locally for new community partnerships to generate new member lending and deposits.
· Plans and participates in local car sales and direct lending shows. Partners with Alliant at Work team and Branch Manager to develop new community partnerships in the assigned market.
· Delivers sales presentations and facilitates financial seminars.
· Opens deposit accounts and recognizes cross-sales opportunities.
· Originates loan application and provides leads to mortgage and investment partner channels.
Training & Coaching:
· Participates in team education, testing, and training of new products and services.
· Serves as the Needs Based Sales Coach for branch employees.
· Assists Branch Manager in establishing office processes and procedures for the Needs Based Selling method and practice.
· May be responsible for providing branch support and work direction in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance or a related field and minimum two years experience in financial services or sales; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Business-to-Business sales experience preferred. Ability to sell face to face and via the telephone, demonstrates the ability to grow business through branch telemarketing initiatives.
Demonstrates the ability to consistently achieve and exceed branch product lending goals.
Must successfully complete annual underwriting certification and complete annual mortgage and equity product training and evaluation. Must complete certification on retirement accounts within first year of employment.
Excellent presentation and communication skills. Must successfully complete Balance seminar certification program and demonstrate the ability to design and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
Strong coaching and leadership skills required. Ability to mentor new loan officers and stimulate overall productivity in the assigned service center. Up to 20% travel and some evening and weekends required.