Alliant Credit Union, the largest credit union in Illinois, is seeking a motivated Branch Manager I to oversee the Des Plaines office. The successful candidate will be responsible for
managing the overall operations of the assigned branch office to include member service, product sales, new member growth, business development activities, employee development, and facility management. Work involves managing branch operations while identifying and acquiring new local partner relationships with small and midsize employers (25+ employees). Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of credit union policy regarding branch operations and personnel management. General supervision is received from the Area Sales & Service leader.
Responsibilities of the Branch Manager II:
- Responsible for daily supervision of service center employees.
- Manages exempt/non-exempt and contract employees to include staffing and hiring to the right fit/right talent model.
- Manages employee performance to include conducting regular performance reviews and employee development plans. Facilitates corrective action and/or terminations when necessary.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with office procedures consistent with credit union policies.
Training and Coaching:
Accountable for ensuring staff maintains a thorough knowledge of all credit union products, services, features and benefits to guarantee compliance and achievement of branch goals.
Creates and monitors individual development plan for each direct report.
Trains staff on all policies and operations at the branch office.
Responsible for implementing and supporting employee engagement initiatives.
Serves as a resource to branch office employees in resolving complex member issues.
Provides employee(s) with on going and timely feedback regarding their job performance.
Aligns job responsibilities to individual employee talents.
Provides support at other branch locations; shares best practices with other Managers.
Partners with other credit union staff in organizing and attending outside events.
Effectively collaborates with other credit union departments.
Sales and Service:
Owns all internal and external product sales and promotions.
Consistently meets or exceeds sales performance goals and branch sales and service marketing plans.
Acts as primary sales consultant through generating new lending opportunities by leveraging branch walk-in traffic, participating in outside networking and community events, and outbound telemarketing to new and existing members.
Participates in and at times coordinates outside networking and community events.
- Assists in prospecting locally for new Community Partnerships and SEG opportunities.
- Conducts and coordinates local member group visits and presentations.
- Develops strategies for achieving branch performance goals.
- Supports and partners with Area Sales and Service Leader in development of Regional strategies
- Creates at a minimum semi-annually local business sales and service marketing plans
- Turns member contact into an internal promoter of ACU
- Creates enduring and long lasting partnerships
Requirements of Branch Manager:
- Completion of Bachelor's degree and three to five years management experience in a credit union or banking environment.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Successful track record of setting, then meeting or exceeding, individual and team objectives.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel preferred.
- 30% travel, some evenings and weekends required.