This position is responsible for providing face-to-face service to credit union members who visit branch locations. Work involves processing financial transactions on members accounts while also evaluating the members financial needs in order to cross sell additional credit union products. The position reports to the Assistant Branch Manager and/or Branch Manager.
Duties of the position will include:
- Independently processes all financial transactions on members accounts: deposits, payments, contributions, withdrawals, transfers, loan advances, disbursements and product and service maintenance. Reviews, qualifies, opens and closes account membership. Provides problem investigation and resolution to members for all account products and services.
- Responsible for supporting branch sales goals. Evaluates members financial needs and recommends targeted credit union products. Cross sells and up sells credit union products and services.
- Participates in new membership drives and events including outside of normal business hours.
- May originate, process, service and underwrite loans per Branch Manager authority.
- May open and close the service center as required.
- Understands and keeps up-to-date on a wide variety of expanding and changing credit union products and services.
High School graduate and minimum two years experience in banking, customer service and/or sales; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Good computer skills and basic financial mathematics. Prior experience working in a financial institution preferred. 10% travel, some evenings and weekends required.