Alliant credit union, the largest credit union in Illinois, is seeking a collections representative to collect on 1-59 day Mortgage and Consumer Loan delinquencies within an assigned area of accountability . The successful candidate will work in our headquarters location in Des Plaines, IL. (near O'Hare Airport)
- Collection of 1-59 mortgage and consumer loan delinquency within assigned area of accountability.
- Contacts credit union members by telephone to arrange payment commitments.
- Prioritizes workload to meet or exceed monthly collection and phone goals.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for extension agreements, re-negotiation of loans and hardship programs offered by the credit union based on individual member needs and situation.
- Exhibits excellent follow-up skills for payment commitments in an expedient and professional manner.
Alliant Credit Union is a growing, progressive organization with more than 70 years in business. We offer a comprehensive benefits package (includes reimbursements for tuition, travel and more) and encourage professional development.
- High school graduate (college preferred) and minimum of 1-2 years experience as a collections representative; or equivalent training and experience.
- Must be willing to work independently and apply decision making skills.
- Advanced collections training on skip tracing techniques, repossession, and credit bureau comprehension. Knowledge of regulations relating to collection laws and the Privacy Act.