Commercial Lending Responsibilities:
- Review commercial loan origination criteria with respect to credit risk and present findings based on thorough analyses.
- Analyze and validate underwriting decisions on commercial lending applications; finalize loan underwriting by analyzing credit reports, tax returns, financial data, market data, appraisals, etc.
- Make appropriate recommendations including counter offering and restructuring.
- Accompany Loan Officers on customer calls/interviews and site inspections;
- Collaborate with Loan Officers and Loan Processors to move loan requests through the approval and closing process.
- Prepare detailed and thorough loan approval submissions for presentation at loan committee meeting.
- Ensure strong internal controls and quality assurance policies and procedures are in place, documented and adhered to at all times.
- Assist in formulating and maintaining an effective credit policy, procedures, and practices to maintain the commercial lending portfolio’s quality and profitability.
- Design, create and maintain loan portfolio management reports; present updates, finding, recommendations to Senior Leadership as requested.
- Review origination criteria with respect to credit risk and present findings based on thorough analyses.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to increase loan volume and decrease losses.
- Make recommendations to the Vice President of Commercial Lending or Credit Committee in accordance with the Board of Director’s Loan Policy and Underwriting Guidelines.
Project/Vendor Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of third-party partner relationships to ensure optimum customer service, quality, accuracy and responsiveness.
- Assist with projects which affect credit union wide commercial lending and sales efforts as well as implementation of necessary changes or revisions to commercial lending product.
- Stay updated on industry product development, market trends, as well as state and federal regulation changes/updates.
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as fax, copier and personal computer.
Ensures adherence to all compliance guidelines with applicable state and federal laws, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with privacy act directives
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field and five to ten years of credit experience in a lending or financial institution with strong emphasis in commercial lending and commercial real estate. Formal credit training a plus. Thorough knowledge of credit analysis, lending, and loan and appraisal review. Ability to gather, analyze and compile financial data required to provide management reporting related to credit risk. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong organizational, collaborative and consultative skills. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Advanced computer skills utilizing MS Office Suite of products.