The Senior Manager, Credit Product Strategy partners with Lending leadership to optimize the financial and marketplace performance of Alliant’s member-facing loan products and programs. Accountable for the development of product management plans and product lifecycle performance from product development to commercialization. Employs state-of-the-art product and portfolio management tools and techniques to enrich product strategy and improve performance. Works closely with Lending line-of-business leaders to define products, set rates and fees, and develop marketing and promotional strategies. Direction is received from SVP, Lending.
- Develop, implement and maintain product management systems, processes, and models to drive business growth and meet business target. Develop integrated promotional and marketing strategies at the product and portfolio level.
- Responsible for contributing to Lending strategy-making, business model design, and decision-making, and for coordinating credit product design projects.
- Partner closely with Lending and Marketing to facilitate product-related discussions and activities to improve products and programs, and to execute promotions and campaigns.
- Develop credit product pricing tools and models, as well as publish rates and fees for credit products.
- Conduct regular review on market trend through competitive product research, analysis, benchmarking, and strategic planning.
- Develop measures and reports that track and analyze financial and non-financial performance of credit products
- Performance Management
- Coach, counsel, train and develop employees in their assigned tasks.
- Identify and initiate opportunities to strengthen engagement (Q12) among our team as well as build solid relationships with our internal customers to provide better service and communications.
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structured and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as telephone, fax, copier, and personal computer.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; comply with Privacy Act directives.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, economics, business administration or other similar discipline required. Graduate-level degree in marketing, finance, business administration or equivalent credential preferred.
- Five years experience in financial services product management and strategic marketing strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of product plans, product portfolio management, promotion and campaign design, product lifecycle management, and credit product pricing techniques are required.
- Prior leadership experience strongly preferred.