Alliant Credit Union, the largest credit union in Illinois, is seeking an energetic EFT and Checking Operations Representative to perform complex operational tasks within one of the major functions (ACH, Payroll, or Checking) within EFT & Checking Operations.
· Processes and mails check copy requests.
· Ensures timely delivery of member requests for special handling of check orders.
· Balances daily share draft reports.
· Researches balancing exception report and posts items to member's accounts.
· Reviews, processes and adjusts member's accounts for share draft clearing discrepancies on daily exception report.
· Balances and works outstanding items on Checking general ledger.
· Processes direct collection items.
· Responsible for payroll exception report and manually posting all accounts.
· Creates Excel spreadsheet for each day a payroll posts.
· Ensures wire received in timely manner and that it balances to the amounts posted to accounts.
· Resolves any discrepancies with UAL in regards to out of balance conditions.
· Resolves issues with deductions not posting properly and may require obtaining W8 or W9 form to verify member’s social security number.
· Places holds on members accounts for reversal of funds authorized by UAL payroll department.
ACH-Electronic Funds Transfer:
· Ensures compliance with government and NACHA rules and regulations.
· Ensures ACH posting is balanced daily and returns are sent in a timely manner.
· Handles stop payments and affidavits.
· Resolves any misapplied EFT debits or credits
· Assists in updating procedures and training for frontline employees and appropriate headquarters staff.
· Ensures originations are set up correctly for loan payments or any other type of originations required.
· Ensures that the Andera and On-line banking ACH authorizations are processed each day.
Return Cash Letter/Deposit Check:
· Works Deposit Check report to place extended holds on deposited checks that may cause a loss, or are fraudulent.
· Reverses deposits and balances the return cash letter received from the Federal Reserve Bank.
· Charges fees and sends correspondence.
EFT and Checking Representative Requirements:
· Completion of Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
· Minimum of two to three years of customer service experience in banking, or ACH/checking processing; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Some experience with ACH/checking or payroll required.
· Intermediate skills in Excel and Word.
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills both written and verbal.