The incumbent in this position is responsible for the project management (implementation, maintenance and administration) of all core financial systems at the credit union. Analyst will lead the project implementation of a highly complex financial system with subsequent responsibility for the development, design and production of all key reporting outputs required within the finance department. The incumbent will partner with cross-functional team members to identify system needs as it relates to the efficient planning, forecasting and analytical efforts to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Alliant’s financial commitments, balanced with a sense of integrity and fiscal responsibility. Work involves moderate difficulty in interpreting and converting analyses into practical business decisions and support. Resources to do the job require proven analytical ability, advanced systems skills, the ability to collaborate with peers, and lead staff. General supervision is received from the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Administer all financial systems within the credit union which includes but is not limited to the development of all system functionality required to support ongoing business needs.
- Lead project team for the implementation, transition, and utilization of Alliant’s key financial system. Develop, manage and execute all strategic reporting deliverables for the team including those reporting requirements that are outside of specific financial systems.
- Responsible for the integrity of the financial system, and to automate and simplify redundancy in processes and reporting through standardization.
- Responsible for managing a complex financial software application as it relates to the defined business project plan, incremental requirements and end-user and vendor needs.
- Collaborate with multiple end-user partners to gather data, translate into functional requirements and interact with vendor to implement. Manage and oversee the strategic reporting deliverable both for the finance team and internal business partners.
- Serve as point of contact for escalated reporting; research and guide resolution to satisfaction of all partners and stakeholders.
- For assigned business units, direct and lead the annual planning, rolling forecasts, and 3-5 year business planning including formulation of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, cost center-level expense planning, headcount analyses, Asset/Liability analyses, and presentations to senior management team.
- Lead the analysis of financial performance for business initiatives, special projects, new products, channels, etc. and partner with cross-functional peers to provide recommendations and action steps.
- Collaborate with Controller group to ensure accuracy of the financial statements and provide analytical support in regards to results and trends.
- Continuously improve and construct new capabilities around performance metric analysis and reporting to track key Alliant financial objectives and targets.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies.
- Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.