Duties of the position will include:
- Plans and implements network and voice architecture, hardware and software for all credit union locations. Plans and implements wide area connectivity, including data, voice and backup circuits.
- Supports new initiatives for the credit union including facility setup, branch installations and setup. Provides environments for testing the new initiative and enhancements.
- Administers routers, switches, PBX, voicemail, call center management systems and various other network related equipment.
- Performs facilities related work such as network cabling, building racks, and scoping power requirements.
Monitors LAN/WAN devices including traffic and utilization trends.
- Resolves hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem resolution for network and telecomm related issues.
Tests for new network initiatives under the direction.
Serves as a liaison between company and selected vendors.
Completion of a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science and minimum one to three years of I.T. experience supporting complex network architecture at the enterprise level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Requires the core competencies in various disciplines within IT Networking. Must have in depth hands on technical knowledge and experience with network equipment, dynamic routing protocols, WAN, LAN and voice technologies. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong emphasis on documentation. Cisco CCNA or CCNP desired. Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with direction and support from a Senior Network Engineer or the Network Manager. Provides on-call support for critical network functions 24x7, holidays and weekends on a rotation basis.