The incumbent in this position provides branch and sponsor-based advice and service to Alliant members in an assigned geographic territory. Responsibilities include assessing members’ unique financial needs through a consultative profile, resulting in the targeted origination of new members, consumer and equity loans, deposit accounts, investment and mortgage referrals, and ancillary product sales. Additional responsibilities include the support of sponsor and dealer-based business development events, telemarketing initiatives, and the handling and resolution of complex member issues with limited supervision from the Branch Manager. Resources to do the job require reliance on expert technical knowledge of credit union products, policy, procedures, and processes as well as advanced problem-solving and consultative sales skills. General supervision is received from Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager (where applicable).
External Business Development:
· Supports Alliant At Work program with participation in sponsor on-site events, including open-enrollments, product seminars, and new member drives
· Represents Alliant at community-based events (Chamber of Commerce, tradeshows, community festivals)
· Supports indirect lending partners in outreach to auto/RV dealers
Member Service and Relationship Management:
· Support members in the role of Personal Banker to enhance loyalty and grow depth of relationship through targeted product solutions
· Originates new memberships and develops individual, needs-based profile to ensure quality on-boarding experience
· Follows up on referrals from Member Benefits Specialists and other internal partners to generate new business opportunities within the branch
· Counsels members on loan solutions and originates or refers new applications to ensure successful achievement of monthly/quarterly goals
· Initiates referrals to internal Investment and Mortgage business partners to achieve defined monthly/quarterly goals
· Work collaboratively with Member Benefits Specialists to profile best-practice referral behaviors and recognition for top-performers.
Facilitates member-telemarketing, including new member welcome calls and other targeted campaigns.