Senior Branch Manager
The incumbent in this position is responsible for all functions of a Branch Manager, which may include overseeing operations of multiple service center locations. Work involves moderate difficulty in managing budgets of one or more service centers and also developing new business (SEGs). Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of credit union policy regarding service center operations, personnel management and business development.
Personnel Management: Personnel Management: Responsible for daily supervision of service center employees. Manages exempt/non-exempt and contract employees to include staffing, performance appraisals, training, salary recommendations, disciplines and terminations. Establishes and ensures compliance with office procedures consistent with credit union policies. Maintains and acceptable level of employee engagement - 80th percentile or better.
Training: Provides training and guidance to service center employees. Ensures
staff maintains a thorough knowledge of all credit union products, services, features
and benefits. Creates and monitors individual development plans for each direct report. Trains staff on all policies and operations at the service center. Responsible for implementing and supporting employee engagement initiatives within the team. Serves as a resource to service center employees in resolving complex member issues.
Sales: Provides support to the Regional Manager in local sales and marketing efforts. Responsible for development of new business (SEGs) around service centers. Develops promotions in the local market, assists Regional Manager with client relationships and associated activities including expansion of existing relationships. Conducts and coordinates local member group visits and presentations. Consults with membership to recommend credit union products and services and provide customized financial solutions.
Community Involvement: Represents the credit union in community events, conferences, and professional organizations.
Has ability to perform all tasks at the service center. Processes financial
transactions, opens accounts, originates loans and cross sells credit union products
Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with privacy act directives.
Suggested training and experience:
· Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and three to five years management experience in a credit union or banking environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Must have at least one year of experience in business - to – business sales.
· Must demonstrate proficiency in the management of budgets. Successful track record of setting, meeting, and exceeding individual and team objectives.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
· Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple branch locations, adapt to different environments and manage supervisory team within the assigned market. Ability to mentor and train newly hired branch managers and support employee on-boarding process.
· Ability to manage employee conflicts, disciplinary action, and crisis resolution with limited direction from the regional manager. Must have proven track record of creating and managing highly engaged teams.
· Must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage cost controls and partner with Manager in the development of the service center budget.
· Maintains strict compliance and security guidelines and have a satisfactory result in branch audit.
· Must demonstrate the ability to develop community partnerships, direct lending shows, auto sales, and leverage community networking events to generate new business within the assigned market.
· Up to 30% travel, some evenings and weekends required.