Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of credit union products and services and expertise of credit risk concepts, lending, collections, and regulatory requirements. General supervision is provided by the Manager, Credit Risk.
Credit Risk Responsibilities (60%):
• Independently identify appropriate credit risk strategies to be applied.
• Analyze origination risk factors and recommend improvements in underwriting criteria and loan product pricing to increase loan volumes while minimizing losses.
• Support new data acquisition and consult less experienced analysts and other functional areas on current data intricacies.
• Provide monthly updates for the loan portfolio performance reporting package, including but not limited to origination quality, delinquency, and loss metrics.
• Prepare data for third-party quarterly mortgage & consumer loan portfolio performance analysis.
• Track, review, and implement changes to Adaptive Control System modules, based on First Data / FICO methodology, for the credit card portfolio.
• Provide support and rule recommendations for loan origination system implementation and maintenance.
• Collaborate with Lending, Marketing, and other departments to assess risk with respect to future new and enhanced lending products.
Functional Responsibilities (30%):
• Assist in studies on improving credit risk measurement for regulatory capital calculation, such as Advanced Internal Ratings-Based Approach framework.
• Partner with Loss Prevention & Recovery to enable sound collection strategies.
• Build rapport with Database Administration to streamline two-way communication to ensure data quality.
• Query the Data Warehouse and other databases with SAP BusinessObjects / Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to extract, summarize, and save relevant data.
• Drive improvements in test set-up to more accurately assess effectiveness of proposed risk strategies and team up with Operations and other departments for project implementation.
• Design and build predictive models in SAS.
• Evaluate, implement, and monitor third-party scoring solutions.
• Prepare supporting information and present findings to internal clients.
Administrative Responsibilities (10%):
• Generate periodic reports for audit and regulatory compliance and assist with ad hoc requests.
• Help formulate and revise credit policies and procedures to address new regulations.
Completion of undergraduate degree with advanced degree (Master) in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related field required; four or more years of risk analysis experience in the financial services industry, preferably in consumer & mortgage lending. Solid understanding of statistical decision tree and regression techniques for predictive modeling. Familiarity with First Data Adaptive Control System/TRIAD or other leading business rule management system; advanced SAS skills required, SAS Enterprise Miner a plus. Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite. Experience with relational databases and SQL syntax, hands-on with SAP BusinessObjects reporting preferred. Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and consultative skills. Exceptional attention to detail; ability to successfully present complex analyses to internal customers with different technical backgrounds.