The incumbent in this position will be responsible for developing and guiding the implementation of account specific business plans; achieving defined goals and sales targets; serving as the primary account contact; providing account leadership. Additionally, the Sr. National Account Executive will provide business advice and guidance to assigned team members in support of achieving the defined team goals and sales targets. This individual will also be responsible for increased penetration of existing accounts, and working collaboratively as a team to accomplish overall organizational goals. Account Executives are tasked to serve as the primary business to business sales representatives in Alliant's key markets and build brand equity and new business through local networking, telemarketing, tradeshows, and member marketing efforts. Work involves participating in local and national strategic planning initiatives, providing support and assistance for business development special projects, events, and initiatives on behalf of the Sr. National Manager of Business Development and creating and implementing strategies to increase awareness, support, and referrals to the program from internal and external partners. Resources to do the job require strong knowledge of credit union product and services, intermediate technical skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word, and strong negotiation and organizational skills. General direction is received from the Sr. National Manager of Business Development.
Partner Penetration, Acquisition & Strategic Planning:
- Identifies and acquires new partnerships with local and national employers (250-10,000 employees) within assigned regional area.
- Sr. National Account Executive is responsible for the design and execution of account strategies plans to ensure member penetration and balance growth sales targets are met within defined timeline.
- In partnership with business representative, develops account goals and individual business plan.
- Participates in local and national networking events with Chamber of Commerce, Human Resources associations, and other professional organizations and serves as lead representative in the planning, staffing, and exhibition at local and national conferences and tradeshows.
- Maintains schedule of appointments and ensures minimum required number of partner meetings and telemarketing calls are completed on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Manages an active pipeline of prospects and ensures new company enrollment target is achieved through ongoing review, analysis, and outreach to local companies as well as by cultivating internal and external referral sources.
- Conducts research on industry trends and best practices and provides regular feedback to assist in the calibration and development of partner acquisition strategies.
- Maintains knowledge with industry trends and market intelligence for assigned accounts and regional territory.
Relationship & Resource Management:
- Negotiates ongoing, meaningful access to new and existing partners and ensures strong level of visibility to ensure target penetration and participation levels are achieved within a defined time frame.
- Develops launch and resource plan for all new partnerships that align with efficiency parameters and will generate concrete sales results.
- Provides feedback and leadership to aid in the development of relationship strategies and incorporates key marketing messages in local sales activities to grow business.
- Conducts regular and in-depth reviews of business performance and promotion strategies.
- Independently manages schedule and appointment calendar and facilitates recurring on-site visits and follow-ups for accounts under management to ensure strong engagement with HR/Benefits partners.
- Participates in the development and implementation of account's financial literacy program.
- Maintains expert level of knowledge of core financial seminar catalog and delivers presentations to members groups.
- Serves as mentor and resource in the on-boarding and training of new Alliant At Work team members.
- Responsible for coaching, developing and assisting in the achievement of goals and objectives for National Account Executives and providing consistent feedback and re-direction.
- Completion of a Bachelors or Marketing Degree with 5-7 years of consultative sales experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience managing national customers in diverse industries (C level preferred). Demonstrated skills in achieving sales goals .
- Ability to effectively implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to research, prospect, and manage assigned regional territory.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team, in a collaborative culture.
- Strong organizational skills and use of formalized reporting and pipeline procedures.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally.
- Professional high-energy self-starter who works independently as well as collaborative team player.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate cross functionally within company and the customer.
- Demonstrated commitment to building strong business relationships with customer.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders internally and with customer.
- Home office can be located anywhere nationally, but must be willing to travel up to 50% and meet monthly at headquarters (in Chicago, IL).
- Some evenings and weekends required.