This position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of application development projects and system maintenance efforts. Work involves working on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Direction is received from the Manager of Programming & Development.
Duties and responsibilities of the position will include:
• Responsible for full life cycle development including design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
• Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
• May conduct code review in managers absence.
• Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Lead programmer on credit union projects of a large scope and/or complexity.
• Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments.
• Develops custom programs when required.
Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action.
• Works with Help Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems to identify if code related.
• Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
• Trains and mentors entry and mid-level programmers.
• Trains operations on new procedures and processes developed by the programmer.
Suggested training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field and minimum four years programming experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Must be able to develop creative solutions to business problems and work well within a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to view both detail and big picture.
• Project management experience working as the technology lead on several projects concurrently required.
Required Technical Skills:
• Platforms: Windows
• Languages: HTML, Java, XML, ASP.NET, C#
• Databases: MS SQL
• Platforms: Episys/Symitar
• Languages: PowerOn/RepGen