The incumbent in this position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the network security architecture. Work involves improving efficiency, availability, and overall security posture. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of security principles, security technologies, networking technologies and protocols, WAN principles, and security best practices. Direction is received from the Manager, Security and Networks.
- Create and improve security standards and guidelines as necessary.
- Research and recommend strategy to ensure team knowledge and awareness of emerging security technologies
- Collaborate with IS partner teams on solutions to mitigate network risks and enhance system security.
- Develop and maintain an architecture of cost effective security controls that meet firm security requirements.
- Lead security engineering projects cross-functionally with little or no supervision (e.g. evaluating alternate IPS products and designing the implementation from a architecture level)
- Provide security advice and guidance to systems engineers and management throughout IS project design and scoping stages.
- Perform in-depth analysis of security audits, assessments and testing and provide detailed interpretation of findings through the application of knowledge of security attack vectors, and mitigating controls
- Assist in developing security awareness materials, security presentations, and information security training sessions.
- Participate in incident remediation activities internally and with clients with a strong focus on client service.
- Act as an escalation point for tier I, II, and peer engineers. This is an on-call position required to carry a cell phone & respond as needed.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to completion; provide status and follow-up as needed.
- Provide detailed and clearly written communications such as documents, procedures, and processes.
- Coordinate and manage security system upgrades and performs maintenance tasks.
- Assist with the development and implementation of security standards, procedures and guidelines for the production center platforms, remote access methods and environments.
- Research and consult with resources, internal customers and industry experts to ensure the effectiveness of the infrastructure is assured.
- Develop recommendations or solutions for upgrades and improvements to ensure a stable, available, and protected network infrastructure.
- Design and support new network security infrastructure projects and implementations.
- Diagnose and resolve difficult and complex network security infrastructure problems