Work involves designing and planning all Windows Server projects while also providing high level technical support. Resources to do the job require understanding of Windows platforms and current technology. General supervision is received from the Manager of Systems Engineering.
- Provides engineering consulting and recommendations for all new IT systems to ensure the interoperability and adherence to Alliant's technology standards and policies of all systems.
- Serves as an architect for group projects as well as internal IT and business driven initiatives.
- Builds, develops, and manages the Windows Systems, including organizing the development of Operating System technical support, operational software, and server hardware platform capabilities.
- Defines and monitors multiple project priorities and provides technical and administrative supervision; ensures appropriate management is apprised of operational status of projects.
- Provides appropriate hardware/software resources for business applications; performs capacity planning, workload modeling/prediction, and purchasing recommendations for new hardware/software upgrades; provides business applications enough resources for their short-term and long-term growth.
- Documents all projects deployed and ensures cross-training to team members is completed.
- Serves as local expert on Active Directory and manages additions, changes or deletions to the tree structure and group policies as necessitated by the business environment.
- Ensures environment is updated with current, stable versions of software products; maintains currency with operating system and support software; plan and implements major software upgrades; ensures change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed; provides a current, well-managed operating environment for production processing and application development.
- Troubleshoots and successfully diagnoses server hardware or software problems of all levels of complexity.
- Troubleshoots 3rd level helpdesk tickets until resolution and works directly with hardware software vendors when necessary.
- Provides 24x7x365 support on all systems to meet departmental Service Level Agreements.
- Provides support for business continuity by ensuring daily backup schedules are completed and provides on site support for annual disaster recovery test.
Completion of a BA/BS in Computer Science, IT or related engineering discipline or a minimum of 5 years directly related experience in the design, configuration, deployment and administration of network hardware and software. Technical skills required: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/Windows 7, Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory domains, Microsoft Clustering, Microsoft WSUS, Citrix Metaframe PS 4.5, Exchange 2007, VMWare, Symantec NetBackup, Symantec AntiVirus solutions, SQL 2005/2008, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, HP Blade server hardware and HP SAN technologies.