Alliant Credit Union, the largest credit union in Illinois, is seeking a Sr. Web Application Developer to work at our headquarters location in Des Plaines, IL.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of web based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. In addition, Incumbent will serve as point of contact for web based application projects, issues, and/or requirements. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Direction is received from the Director of Electronic Services.
Programming and Development:
• Responsible for full life cycle development of web based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
• Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
• Prioritizes projects and deliverables.
• Lead and support cross-functional code review.
• Provide support to and coordinate activities closely with co-workers on the Web Application Development Team.
• Provide guidance and training to other credit union employees to assist in applicable requirements and administration of policy and procedures for web applications.
• Lead projects related to enhancement and implementation of web application updates.
• Develop and maintain expertise in applicable web requirements and/or technology to enhance the learning and development of team members
• Ensure compliance with all applicable company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with privacy act directives.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant Microsoft Certification and minimum five years experience in application development using .NET Framework. Experience using C#.NET and ASP.NET as a current and primary programming language. Good understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance required. Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required.
• Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly.
• Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have good communication and collaboration skills.
• Solid diagnostic, testing, and problem-solving skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Must be enthusiastic, team-oriented and positive attitude.
Other Required Technical Skills:
• Strong object-oriented/based programming skills demonstrating intelligent abstractions and interface design.
• Working knowledge of SQL dialect and relational database theory.
• Experience working with source control systems in a collaborative environment (ex. CVS, SourceSafe).
• Experience troubleshooting product identified issues.
• General usable knowledge of operating systems, network and IT infrastructures.
• Good understanding of Web Servers, IIS and application deployment and configuration.
• Hands-on experience working with SQL Server 2000/2005.
• Experience with development and deployment of N-tier architected applications.
• Knowledge of Development Methodologies in the SDLC cycle.
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Java, Servlet or J2EE experience a plus.
• Service Oriented Architecture knowledge is a plus.
• Experience or knowledge of UML and/or Design Patterns is desirable.
• Financial industry experience a plus.