The incumbent in this position is responsible for the technical coordination, implementation and successful execution of information technology (IT) projects and processes for Alliant Credit Union. As the Technical Implementation Manager, the incumbent provides management, stakeholders, and internal and external business partners with the necessary leadership, guidance and advice to ensure the delivery into live operation of all agreed components of the technical solution (Data Platform) are on time and in accordance with agreed service level agreements (SLAs) and acceptance criteria. The Implementation Manager will strive to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, stakeholders and other internal business partners involved in the projects. Resources to do the job require a comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience of project management and integration as well as knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures. General guidance and direction is received from the Vice President of Information Technology.
- Responsible for managing multiple, complex software implementations as it relates to defined business projects and requirements.
- Manage and oversee the overall work pipeline for the IT team; maintain regular communication and interaction with all business partners.
- Serve as point of contact for escalated IT issues and projects; research and guide resolution to satisfaction of all partners and stakeholders.
- Assist and guide the upgrade process and required technical specifications.
- Serve as liaison between internal business customers and IT staff; troubleshoot and work to resolution technical issues; communicate and document as required.
- Utilize appropriate and currently accepted processes, procedures and policies for problem resolution and change control; ensure quality processes and procedures are in place and appropriate monitoring systems are in place to ensure metrics supporting agreed upon service level agreements are met.
- Provide technical consulting service for clients during the implementation, upgrade and/or change process.
- Participate in scheduled training sessions as new functionality is introduced.
- Report on departmental performance objectives for service level and customer satisfaction surveys and evangelizes to continuous Improvement.
- Stay aware of industry trends and technology advances.
- Delegate work assignments and monitor delegated activities. Provide regular performance feedback, develop employee skill level, encourage growth, match responsibilities to the talent of the employee, and set expectations.
- Independently conduct quality assurance testing and analysis to ensure that the application systems function properly and according to business specifications and requirements; ensures compatibility between systems in cases other than new implementations such as system upgrades, platform migrations, and new releases; reports problems to management immediately; periodically review user documentation and training materials for accuracy.
- Maintain awareness of the financial impact on the department regarding process improvements, testing efficiency, etc.
- Performance Management:
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce as defined by Q12 Gallup process to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Provide resource managers with the individual performance data needed to ensure performance management and coaching are addressed where needed and as appropriate.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum five to seven years relevant experience. PMP certification desired. Detail oriented and delivery focused; financial services experience a plus. Experienced in delivering technical projects in a cross-region, multi-time zone environment. Experience with SDLC with knowledge of RAD and Agile. Experience implementing new networking and server hardware platforms. Experience in turning business requirements into technical requirements. Effective organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required. Excellent relationship management and customer service skills; be self-motivated and able to deliver to strict schedules, as well as work with and incorporate input from other areas. Ability to communicate and present to all levels of an organization. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.