Alliant Credit Union is starting a commercial real estate (CRE) lending operation and looking for a seasoned CRE executive to lead the program strategy, start-up, development and operations. The program will target strong national credits through both participations and originations, supported by internal and third party operations. The successful individual will bring broad commercial underwriting, servicing and leadership to the role. Alliant has a 75 year history of strength and is well positioned for continued growth and success. This position plays an integral role in our senior leadership team. The incumbent in this position strategically leads, develops and directs Alliant’s commercial lending business to achieve the established business objectives.
Commercial Leding Responsibilities
- Plan and dierct all aspects of commercial lending and commercial portfolio management including policies, budgets, ojectives and initiatives.
- Ensure strong internal controls and quality assurance policies and procedures are in place, documented and adhered to at all times.
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives to meet established and strategic goals.
- Monitor and make recommendations to develop and grow the Credit Union’s commercial lending portfolio of products including process and pricing as well as develop and roll-out new products that add value to the member.
- Establish annual commercial lending and expense goals as well as set long term strategic goals.
- Foster strategic vendor, outsource, and prospect relationships.
- Oversee all aspects of commercial lending risk, policy, procedures and underwriting guidelines.
Credit Risk Responsibilities
Oversee all aspects of commercial loan risk including loan policy, procedures and underwriting guidelines and quality control functions.
Determine the direction of credit and loan risk for Alliant.
Participate on the Credit Committee and review complex loans. Recommend loan policy revisions/additions to the Board of Directors.
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; deliver on strategy through the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Ensure all commercial lending functions, processes, and employees are aligned and supporting the member advocacy mission.
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation.
- Provide business vision by creating imagery and transparency in the possibilities, opportunities and direction of the future.
- Continual assessment, discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization of subordinate leaders of others.
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth.
- Champion of Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through strong leadership signatures and a growing command of the Demands of Leadership.
Demonstrated courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected.
Performance Management Responsibilities:
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce to effectively deliver the value of this function.
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field and minimum fifteen years of direct lending experience and leadership demonstrating increasing responsibility and success; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in leading and directing lending professionals.
- Sound and proven leadership ability, and effective and consistent management capability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and proven analytical ability and advanced systems skills.
- Strong relationship skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization.