Get a Jumpstart on Saving Early
Whether you’re a young saver or the parent of someone who you would like to encourage to start being financially responsible, kidz klub is a great way to get started. Alliant kidz klub accounts have all the benefits of our Regular Savings account, plus more.
- 0.70% APY
- High dividends paid monthly on average daily balances of $100 or more
- At least $250,000 in NCUA insurance through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund
- $5 minimum balance requirement
- No maximum balance limit
- A special kidz klub kit, which includes:
- A special kidz klub Identification Card
- Quarter collector—a fun way to save your spare change
- Deposit tickets, address labels—everything you need to put more money in your account
- Account information book—includes important information about the account that kids should go over with their parents when they open the account
For applicants under 12 years of age, the parent, grandparent or a guardian must sign the child’s name and his or her own name and date (e.g., John Smith, a minor, by parent, Mary Smith). The parent, grandparent or a guardian must be a joint applicant on the account for everyone under the age of 18.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. View Disclosures
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to save?
Spending money is fun, but did you know that saving money can be fun too? In fact, saving money is one of the smartest things you can do. Whether you’re saving for a cool new game or toy, a new bike or your future education, every little bit of money you save adds up. It’s fun to watch your money grow.
What’s a dividend?
Dividends are money that Alliant gives you for keeping your account with us and being a member. And, the dividends you earn help you save money even faster.
Do I have to maintain minimum to get dividends?
Alliant savings dividends are paid monthly. In order to qualify for dividends, you must maintain a daily average minimum balance of $100 or more each month.
Why can’t I just keep my money in a piggy bank?
Piggy banks are fun and a good start, but, if you want to save smarter, it’s best to start putting some money in a savings account. That way you’re not tempted to spend it. And the best part is that putting your money in a savings account helps you make more money with dividends and interest. Alliant is also a safe place to save your money and gives you access to other products and services you might want to use when you get older.
Is Alliant a bank?
Alliant is better than a bank. We are a credit union. That means that your new kidz klub account makes you a member. Your membership represents your share in Alliant Credit Union. With your kidz klub account, you are actually part owner in Alliant.
Check our fee schedule.