How to Correct Errors on your Credit Report
Oct 19, 2009
Wow! Alliant earns a “5-Star Superior” rating and several “Great Rate Awards”
Oct 12, 2009
- Did you know you’re doing business with a credit union that is one of the strongest in the nation and that offers some of the best rates available anywhere?
Want to Develop a Plan for your Finances? Do it today online for free – with SimpliFi
Oct 01, 2009
- Developing a comprehensive financial plan for yourself and your family has never been easier – thanks to SimpliFi, an online financial planning tool that Alliant now provides free to members. SimpliFi is an easy-to-understand, easy-to-use tool that can help you sort through your current financial situation and strategize actions to realize your financial goals. It’s safe and secure – plus, it’s fun.
Prescott Elementary School Receives Donated School Supplies
Sep 17, 2009
- Students of Prescott Elementary School at 1632 W Wrightwood Ave in Chicago received school supply kits provided by Alliant Credit Union employees and a grant from the Alliant Credit Union Foundation.
Your savings at Alliant now insured up to $250,000 through 2013
Sep 14, 2009
- Your savings at Alliant will remain federally insured to at least $250,000 through December 31, 2013, thanks to a provision in the Helping Families Save their Homes Act of 2009, signed by President Obama on May 20.
A retirement reality check
Sep 07, 2009
- For many working Americans nearing their golden years, retirement no longer looks so golden. Due to plummeting stock prices, eroding home values and other dire effects of the recession, their nest eggs continue to shrink precisely when they can least afford that to happen.
Seven steps to improve your credit score
Aug 31, 2009
- In today’s credit crunch economy, it’s more important than ever to maintain a high credit score. The good news: your score is recalculated monthly and here are steps you can take to maintain a high score and even improve it.
2009 Members Scholarship winners
Aug 27, 2009
- Alliant recently selected five members to receive $2,000 each in this year’s Members Scholarship Program.
Alliant Credit Union Foundation Officially Launches Operations
Aug 24, 2009
- Alliant Credit Union Foundation announced its launch of operations and its first two education related grants at a mid August press conference held at Alliant Credit Union headquarters in Chicago.
10 check writing tips
Aug 24, 2009
- The Romans invented the check around 352 BC. The first printed checks appeared in 1762, in England. And today, even with the advent of online bill pay, credit cards and ATMs, checks are still a fundamental way to get cash, make purchases and transfer funds. To help you avoid check processing glitches and to reduce the leeway for a scammer to alter your checks, here's a refresher of basic check writing dos and don'ts.