It pays to be a member of Alliant – $646 a year
Aug 17, 2009
- Have you heard about the Alliant Advantage? The average Alliant member earns a financial benefit of $646 per year (and the average household, $1,227) for doing business with Alliant Credit Union – compared to doing business with a bank, according to a national economic study prepared by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
How the stimulus bill may help you
Aug 10, 2009
- The government's actions to aid struggling businesses have garnered much of the media's attention. However, the recently passed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, more commonly known as the "stimulus bill," also contains measures designed to help individuals.
Where Alliant reports your payment history
Aug 03, 2009
- In February, Alliant started to report all our members' loans and payments to TransUnion, one of the nation's three largest credit bureaus.
Buyer beware: too-good-to-be true “FREE” offers
Jul 27, 2009
- Have you ever been tempted to accept a free trial for a product that offers you something you want? For instance, an item that promises to help you look your best, feel wonderful and lose excess pounds.
Did you receive IRS tax form 5498?
Jul 13, 2009
- If you made a rollover deposit in 2008 or contribution for tax year 2008 to your IRA, Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), you should have received an IRS form 5498 by May 31, 2009.
The Top 10 Causes of Debt
Jul 08, 2009
- People slip and fall – or plunge – into debt for a variety of reasons. Some debt, such as a student loan, is considered a “good debt” investment. Other reasons are problematic and, in today’s economy, increasingly more prevalent, such as job loss or being the owner of a failed business. Here’s a list of the most chronic causes of debt.
Alliant Credit Union Forms Charitable Foundation
Jul 01, 2009
- Alliant Credit Union, among America’s largest credit unions with over $6.4 billion in assets and more than 250,000 members nationwide, recently established the Alliant Credit Union Foundation.
Why dividend rates change
Jun 30, 2009
- The ongoing economic storm has sent shock waves through every financial institution in the world.
Member Services Notice: New vendor for Alliant checks
Jun 24, 2009
- The next time you order Alliant checks, they will come from our new check vendor, Harland Clarke.
Deposit Insurance Increase Extended
May 22, 2009
- On May 20, 2009, President Barack Obama signed the Helping Families Save Their Homes act into law, the bill that extends the higher $250,000 deposit insurance coverage through 2013.