Save Every Day: Financial Goals
Jun 13, 2012
- We all have heard it a million times: it is important to save money. But, why is it so important? Because there are essential reasons t to boost your savings account, beyond being able to pay for emergencies or accidents .
Pack A Fun, Affordable Picnic
Jun 11, 2012
- A great activity for the whole family is to head to the nearest forest preserve and have a picnic! Take advantage of the sunny, warm temperatures as well as seasonal ingredients! Don't forget to pack the sunblock. Here are some of our summer salad favorites...
Save Every Day: Let “Free” In
Jun 06, 2012
- If you have recently purchased a home, have a suspiciously destructive pet, or young children with exceptionally creative imaginations, your furniture may need to be replaced. Luckily, when you look in all the right places, FREE furniture is right at your fingertips.
Save Every Day: Face Wash
May 30, 2012
- Today we want to share some secrets on face wash. The average store-bought face wash ranges from $5-15 per bottle and contains hundreds of chemicals that may not benefit your face as much as you thought. There are recipes to create your own face wash out of ingredients you most likely have at home already.
Introducing “Save Every Day”
May 21, 2012
- Use these great ideas to get more out of all the things you buy and achieve your financial goals faster. Check back on Wednesday, May 30 for our first Save Every Day idea.
A Financial Guide For College Grads Starting Their First Jobs
May 17, 2012
- May is primetime for graduation season. Across the country, millions of students are receiving their well-earned college degrees, signaling the culmination of almost two decades of education. But how prepared are these young adults to manage their life beyond term papers and office hours? Financial literacy among graduating students is at its lowest levels ever, which is disconcerting when considering the economic environment graduates are entering into. So here are a few pieces of advice, financial and otherwise, to help graduates navigate that next big step.
Willis Tower Branch Closed May 18 & 21
May 17, 2012
- Alliant Credit Union branch in the Willis Tower will be closed on Friday, May 18, 2012 and Monday, May 21, 2012.
Summer vacation on a budget.
May 14, 2012
- It is time to start researching flights & shopping for bikinis - the summer travel season is rapidly approaching! However, not everyone has room in their budget this summer to jet set around the globe with the family in-tow. Here are some ideas for summer vacations on a budget.
Budget: It’s time you made one.
May 11, 2012
- Living paycheck to paycheck is not uncommon and finding finances for an extra date night or home improvements doesn't always come easy, which is why it is time for a budget. The term shouldn't be foreign; it also shouldn't be feared. Budgets are a great way to understand where your money is coming from, where it is going and how you can prepare for any expenses, planned or unplanned.
Alliant Credit Union Foundation donates Biz Kid$ TV Series DVDs to Prospect Heights Public Library
May 09, 2012
- The first four seasons of Biz Kid$, an Emmy award winning public television series that teaches kids about making and managing money, are now available at the Prospect Heights Public Library. DVD sets containing over 50 episodes were provided recently through a donation to the library by Alliant Credit Union Foundation, according to Foundation Vice President, Wayne Rosenwinkel.