Save Every Day: Reuse What You Can
Jul 18, 2012
- We all know buying bottles of water is wasteful, but do you realize how expensive it is? One refillable water bottle can be reused countless times, and save you tons of cash.
Save Every Day: House Brand Shopping
Jul 11, 2012
- If you unwrapped two chocolate chunk granola bars and set them on the table for your child to snack on, do you think they would notice the difference? Chances are, they wouldn't.
The Alliant Summer Intern, 2012
Jul 09, 2012
- My internship with Alliant Credit Union lasted for eight weeks. I was able to get a great range of experience from the different departments in the Alliant organization. My first week, I was placed in the Human Resources Department. While working in Human Resources, I was able to learn about the different aspects of Human Resources.
Kid-Friendly Summer Activities
Jun 18, 2012
- It is now a few weeks into summer break so the kids are probably already "bored" of every activity they've been spending their time on, right? You're in luck, today we are bringing you a few ideas to keep up your sleeve for those days the kids can't stop complaining about how "bored" they are.
Save Every Day: Financial Goals
Jun 13, 2012
- We all have heard it a million times: it is important to save money. But, why is it so important? Because there are essential reasons t to boost your savings account, beyond being able to pay for emergencies or accidents .
Pack A Fun, Affordable Picnic
Jun 11, 2012
- A great activity for the whole family is to head to the nearest forest preserve and have a picnic! Take advantage of the sunny, warm temperatures as well as seasonal ingredients! Don't forget to pack the sunblock. Here are some of our summer salad favorites...
Save Every Day: Let “Free” In
Jun 06, 2012
- If you have recently purchased a home, have a suspiciously destructive pet, or young children with exceptionally creative imaginations, your furniture may need to be replaced. Luckily, when you look in all the right places, FREE furniture is right at your fingertips.
Save Every Day: Face Wash
May 30, 2012
- Today we want to share some secrets on face wash. The average store-bought face wash ranges from $5-15 per bottle and contains hundreds of chemicals that may not benefit your face as much as you thought. There are recipes to create your own face wash out of ingredients you most likely have at home already.
Introducing “Save Every Day”
May 21, 2012
- Use these great ideas to get more out of all the things you buy and achieve your financial goals faster. Check back on Wednesday, May 30 for our first Save Every Day idea.
A Financial Guide For College Grads Starting Their First Jobs
May 17, 2012
- May is primetime for graduation season. Across the country, millions of students are receiving their well-earned college degrees, signaling the culmination of almost two decades of education. But how prepared are these young adults to manage their life beyond term papers and office hours? Financial literacy among graduating students is at its lowest levels ever, which is disconcerting when considering the economic environment graduates are entering into. So here are a few pieces of advice, financial and otherwise, to help graduates navigate that next big step.