It pays to be a member of Alliant – $265 a year
Apr 13, 2012
- The Alliant Advantage is more than just a slogan. The average Alliant member earns a financial benefit of $265 per year (and the average household, $506) for doing business with Alliant Credit Union - compared to doing business with a bank, according to a national economic study prepared by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
What To Know Before You Enroll
Apr 12, 2012
- While your teen buzzes on and on about the possible college he or she will be attending in the fall, you swallow the lump in your throat and think, "Who is going to pay for that?". College tuition is no small fee and many teens don't understand the amount of student debt they are about to encounter. Here are five tips to share with teens before they pack their bags and head to the dorms.
Why Dividend Rates Change
Apr 10, 2012
- The Alliant Board of Directors decided to lower the credit union's regular savings dividend to 0.95% APY from 1.00% APY, effective April 1, 2012. Alliant works very hard to maintain one of the highest savings dividends in the nation and, despite the drop in rate; it still maintains one of the highest rates in the nation. We can do this because of our conservative management strategy, low operating costs and the quality of our membership.
Get The Most Out Of Your Mileage
Apr 09, 2012
- While gas prices nationwide continue to increase, Chicagoland leads the pack with prices exceeding $4.15/gal. Take a deep breath and pull up a chair, there may be some relief in sight. We can't lower the price of gas, but we can give you tricks to improve your vehicles fuel efficiency.
Living An Affordable, Organic Lifestyle
Apr 05, 2012
- While healthy eating is top-of-mind for families everywhere, the cost of buying organic produce and meat is sometimes too much to swallow. However, living an organic lifestyle doesn't have to be expensive. Maintaining a healthy home requires a little flexibility and if you are willing to get creative, your family will reap the rewards.
Mar 30, 2012
- To tip or not to tip - and if so, how much? Ah, that's the question that confronts us every time we deal with people in service industries who depend, in part, on tips for their livelihood.
Alliant Monitoring Reported Visa/MasterCard Breach - Cardholders Protected Against Potential Fraud
Mar 30, 2012
- Alliant Credit Union Monitoring Reported Visa/MasterCard Breach - Cardholders Protected Against Pote
The economics of parking
Mar 23, 2012
- Finding – and paying for – a parking space has become a challenge for people around the world, particularly in big cities.
The Business of Foster Care
Mar 14, 2012
Some do’s and don’ts of credit card use
Mar 05, 2012
- Enjoy the financial power your credit card gives you. Just use it responsibly.