Why Dividend Rates Change
Apr 10, 2012
- The Alliant Board of Directors decided to lower the credit union's regular savings dividend to 0.95% APY from 1.00% APY, effective April 1, 2012. Alliant works very hard to maintain one of the highest savings dividends in the nation and, despite the drop in rate; it still maintains one of the highest rates in the nation. We can do this because of our conservative management strategy, low operating costs and the quality of our membership.
Get The Most Out Of Your Mileage
Apr 09, 2012
- While gas prices nationwide continue to increase, Chicagoland leads the pack with prices exceeding $4.15/gal. Take a deep breath and pull up a chair, there may be some relief in sight. We can't lower the price of gas, but we can give you tricks to improve your vehicles fuel efficiency.
Living An Affordable, Organic Lifestyle
Apr 05, 2012
- While healthy eating is top-of-mind for families everywhere, the cost of buying organic produce and meat is sometimes too much to swallow. However, living an organic lifestyle doesn't have to be expensive. Maintaining a healthy home requires a little flexibility and if you are willing to get creative, your family will reap the rewards.
Mar 30, 2012
- To tip or not to tip - and if so, how much? Ah, that's the question that confronts us every time we deal with people in service industries who depend, in part, on tips for their livelihood.
Alliant Monitoring Reported Visa/MasterCard Breach - Cardholders Protected Against Potential Fraud
Mar 30, 2012
- Alliant Credit Union Monitoring Reported Visa/MasterCard Breach - Cardholders Protected Against Pote
The economics of parking
Mar 23, 2012
- Finding – and paying for – a parking space has become a challenge for people around the world, particularly in big cities.
The Business of Foster Care
Mar 14, 2012
Some do’s and don’ts of credit card use
Mar 05, 2012
- Enjoy the financial power your credit card gives you. Just use it responsibly.
ATM security and you
Feb 22, 2012
- ATMs are a fast, easy way to withdraw cash, check account balances, transfer funds and more. Here are some important steps you should take to secure your transactions at ATMs.
The mysterious origins of St. Valentine’s Day
Feb 15, 2012
- Everyone knows that February 14 is Valentine's Day, a traditional time for loved ones to exchange cards, candy, flowers and gifts. But nobody knows for certain how this celebration got its start.