Deciding what to purchase: beware of the small purchases
Jan 22, 2012
- Individual financial success is largely determined by purchasing and savings habits, and in particular, the mundane, day-to-day decisions we make on everything we purchase.
Why credit unions rock, why big banks don’t
Jan 20, 2012
- Ever since the start of the current recession, big banks have produced big headaches - initially by receiving bailouts from the government and now by threatening to assess their customers with a flurry of hefty new fees. In response, financial experts and others have recommended credit unions as a smart alternative.
Does money = happiness?
Jan 11, 2012
- Does money = happiness? Well, to a degree. According to Harvard University psychology professor Dan Gilbert: “Once you get your basic needs met, a lot more money doesn’t make a lot more happiness.” That’s because the more money people make, the more they tend to want.
How to pick a health club
Jan 10, 2012
- Be sure to stay within your budget, no matter what incentives (if any) you're offered. In general, avoid steep initiation fees, long-term contracts or hefty prepayment of membership dues. You may want to lose weight - but not because your wallet is lighter.
Your 2011 IRS Tax Forms
Jan 06, 2012
- Your 2011 IRS Tax Forms are available online
Why dividend rates change
Jan 02, 2012
- We’re often asked, “Why do dividend rates decline?” especially in the current economic environment. So here is a brief explanation why our rates change and what it means for Alliant Credit Union members.
Alliant Credit Union Beats the Banks in Customer Satisfaction
Dec 28, 2011
- When it comes to customer satisfaction, Alliant Credit Union beats the banks, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
Make Your New Year’s Resolutions And Dreams Come True
Dec 21, 2011
- Are you one of the 100 million Americans who made or will make a New Year’s Resolution for this coming year? If so, Read more for examples of famous people who were discouraged, but didn’t give up on their dreams.
New Year’s Resolutions
Dec 19, 2011
- Read more for financial resolutions you can add to your list of New Year’s resolutions for a wealthier year.
Hazards Of Online Shopping
Dec 15, 2011
- Read more for a few of the online shopping hazards that can cause you to overspend and how to avoid falling for them when confronted.