Save Every Day: Face Wash
May 30, 2012 | Alliant Credit Union
Today we want to share some secrets on face wash. The average store-bought face wash ranges from $5-15 per bottle and contains hundreds of chemicals that may not benefit your face as much as you thought. There are recipes to create your own face wash out of ingredients you most likely have at home already.
Ingredients safe to wash your face with:
• Honey - A natural anti-aging ingredient, natural anti-oxidant to protect skin from sun damage, acne fighting
• Oatmeal (ground) - Heals dry skin, cleanses, balances skin moisture, heals irritation
• Baking Soda - cleanses, exfoliates, acne fighting
• Powdered Skim Milk - cleanses, exfoliates, rejuvenates, hydrates
• Apple Cider Vinegar (only use a few drops!) - acne fighting, blemish control
These ingredients can be added in many combinations to build the perfect formula for your face. Use them as a daily cleanser or weekly facemask to get an even deeper clean. A tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of baking soda makes a well-balanced daily cleanser. If you would like to control blemishes, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar as well. Do you have dry skin and want something that cleans and exfoliates? Use ground oatmeal with dry milk and enough water to make a paste - add a little honey for an age-fighting punch!
SOURCES: positivelypositive.com, amazon.com, organicauthority.com, ezinearticles.com, benefits-of-honey.com, thebeautybrains.com, dermatalk.com, greenbeautyteam.com, globalhealingcenter.com, nomoredirtylooks.com
© 2012 Alliant Credit Union. All Rights Reserved.