Alliant Credit Union Named to Companies That Care Honor Roll Again This Year
April 18, 2013 | Alliant Credit Union
CHICAGO, IL (Date, 2013)- Alliant Credit Union (www.alliantcreditunion.org), America's sixth largest credit union based on asset size, was recently named to the 2013 Honor Roll of Center for Companies That Care (www.companies-that-care.org). This is the second straight year Alliant has been selected, according to the credit union's President & CEO David Mooney.
Center for Companies That Care is a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to ensuring social sustainability by engaging employers in improving the lives of employees, families and communities. Based in part on a continuing commitment to developing great leaders and positively impacting the community as well as employee survey data, Alliant was selected as an Honor Roll recipient again this year.
Center for Companies That Care's Honor Roll is a national list recognizing employers for outstanding workplace practices and active community involvement. The positive behaviors of these organizations include the 10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers:
- Sustain a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees
- Make employees feel their jobs are important
- Cultivate the full potential of all employees
- Encourage individual pursuit of work/life balance
- Enable the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies and practices
- Develop great leaders, at all levels, who excel at managing people as well as results
- Appreciate and recognize the contributions of employees
- Establish and communicate standards for ethical behavior and integrity
- Get involved in community endeavors and/or public policy
- Consider the human toll when making business decisions
"These Honor Roll recipients are an inspiration," said Marci Koblenz, Center for Companies That Care Co-founder and President. "Their daily practices within their organizations and communities affirm them as valuable contributors to society."
Alliant President & CEO David Mooney said, "My sincere thanks go out to everyone at Alliant who helped our credit union earn Honor Roll status again this year, as a company that cares for its employees, communities, organizations and members we serve."
© 2013 Alliant Credit Union. All Right Reserved.