The Secure, Paper-Free Way To Control Your Finances
Since 2003, Alliant has been protecting today's and tomorrow’s members and the environment in which they work, play and live, by providing all members with free, envoironmentally friendly online statements (eStatements). These PDF files contain all the same information as paper statements and look just like your printed statement. The only difference is they are delivered securely through Online Banking instead of through the mail.
If every Alliant member converted to eStatements in 2013, we would have saved more than 1.7 million pieces of paper.
Once you sign up for eStatements, make sure you take advantage of these benefits:
- Free: Yes, free and secure access to online banking and eStatements (up to 18 months of statements)
- Fraud deterrence: Remove the paper trail and reduce your chance of mail fraud or identity theft – especially helpful during vacation seasons
- Immediate access: View, download and print your statement the day it becomes available
- Automatic notifications: Turn on free email notifications that let you know the moment your statement is ready
- Convenient, centralized storage: Immediate access to not only your account statements but also your important tax statements
- Eco-friendly: eStatements help reduce Alliant’s carbon footprint as well as paper and energy usage.
- Free access: When you sign up for eStatements, you get access to Alliant’s Online Banking system so you can easily manage your money
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an eStatement?
An eStatement is an electronic version of your statement available online via Alliant’s Online Banking site. This statement is exactly like your paper statement.
Will my eStatement look the same as my paper statement?
Yes, your eStatement will look exactly like your paper statement.
When can I view my eStatements?
Your previous 18 months of statements are available for viewing 24/7 via online banking. Each time a new statement is ready, it will appear immediately in online banking. If you want to receive automatic email notifications when a new statement is ready, you can opt in to those on the eStatements Settings section of Online Banking. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view the files.
Do I need to opt-in for each Alliant Credit Union membership?
Yes. If you have more than one membership with Alliant, you must sign up for eStatements with each unique membership.
How do I save my eStatements for future reference?
You can save a statement directly to your computer. If you require a statement that is not available in your eStatement history, please contact your member services for assistance. Note: Fees may apply.
Is there a charge for eStatements?
There is no charge. eStatements are free!
How do I sign up for eStatements?
If you already have an Online Banking account with Alliant, simply sign in and navigate to Settings.
Will I need a password for my eStatement?
The only password you need is the one you use to sign into Alliant’s Online Banking. eStatements are kept in online banking and are not sent via emails in order to ensure your security.
Is special software required to view my eStatement?
Yes. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader® to view your eStatement; you can download the software for free from Adobe’s website.
Will I be able to print my eStatements?
Yes. If you have access to a printer, you will be able to print your statement just like you print any document on your computer.
How long will it take to set up my eStatements?
If you are already set up for online banking, it should take a couple of minutes to sign up for eStatements.
When I enroll in eStatements, will I still receive paper statements?
No, once you enroll in eStatements, you will no longer receive paper statements.