Alliant, your member-owned financial institution, is committed to providing a safe place to save and borrow money at very competitive rates. Alliant is equally committed to protecting members' privacy and you can be confident that financial privacy is a priority of Alliant. Alliant gives all members this Privacy Notice to explain how Alliant collects, uses and safeguards its members' personal financial information.
Member Information Collected. Alliant collects nonpublic personal member information from the following sources:
- Membership and loan applications and other member initiated applications and forms;
- Member account transactions with Alliant or other financial institutions; and
- Consumer and credit reporting agencies.
Member Information Disclosed. Alliant may disclose all of the information collected, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on behalf of Alliant or to other financial institutions with whom Alliant has joint marketing agreements. At no time does Alliant sell or share information with companies not included in providing services directly or assisting us in providing services to our members. To protect our members' privacy, Alliant only conducts business with organizations that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limits the use of information Alliant provides. Alliant may also disclose nonpublic personal information about its members under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include:
- Information to maintain or service a member's account;
- Conduct the operations of Alliant;
- Follow member instructions as authorized; or
- Protect the security of Alliant financial records.
If a member decides to terminate his/her membership or become an inactive member, Alliant will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
How Alliant Protects Its Members' Information.
Alliant restricts access to nonpublic personal information about its members to Alliant employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing member data. Alliant employees are trained in the importance of confidentiality and member privacy by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard members' nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do To Help Protect Their Privacy.
While Alliant is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, you can help safeguard personal information by following these simple guidelines:
- Upon receipt of your VISA¨ Debit Card and/or Convenience Card, verify the information on the front and sign the back panel immediately.
- Report a lost or stolen card(s) immediately to Alliant at 800-328-1935. After business hours, please call 866-861-5411.
- Protect your card(s) at all times by carrying only the ones you intend to use. Store all other cards in a safe place.
- Be aware of your surroundings when approaching an ATM. Make sure no one can oversee you enter your PIN by shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
- Memorize your PIN and keep it confidential. Do not write it on the card or keep it in your wallet.
- Make sure the merchant returns your card and check it to make sure it's your card.
- Keep your ATM transaction and check card receipts. Log them into your check register. Destroy the carbons if present.
- Never give your card information over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Never pre-sign your checks.
- Balance your checkbook each month and report any unauthorized transactions immediately.
- Treat all of your financial information as confidential and proprietary.
If you have any questions concerning this policy, please visit a Service Center or contact the 24/7Member Contact Center at 800-328-1935.