Seven steps to improve your credit score
Aug 31, 2009
- In today’s credit crunch economy, it’s more important than ever to maintain a high credit score. The good news: your score is recalculated monthly and here are steps you can take to maintain a high score and even improve it.
2009 Members Scholarship winners
Aug 27, 2009
- Alliant recently selected five members to receive $2,000 each in this year’s Members Scholarship Program.
Alliant Credit Union Foundation Officially Launches Operations
Aug 24, 2009
- Alliant Credit Union Foundation announced its launch of operations and its first two education related grants at a mid August press conference held at Alliant Credit Union headquarters in Chicago.
10 check writing tips
Aug 24, 2009
- The Romans invented the check around 352 BC. The first printed checks appeared in 1762, in England. And today, even with the advent of online bill pay, credit cards and ATMs, checks are still a fundamental way to get cash, make purchases and transfer funds. To help you avoid check processing glitches and to reduce the leeway for a scammer to alter your checks, here's a refresher of basic check writing dos and don'ts.
It pays to be a member of Alliant – $646 a year
Aug 17, 2009
- Have you heard about the Alliant Advantage? The average Alliant member earns a financial benefit of $646 per year (and the average household, $1,227) for doing business with Alliant Credit Union – compared to doing business with a bank, according to a national economic study prepared by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA).
How the stimulus bill may help you
Aug 10, 2009
- The government's actions to aid struggling businesses have garnered much of the media's attention. However, the recently passed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, more commonly known as the "stimulus bill," also contains measures designed to help individuals.
Where Alliant reports your payment history
Aug 03, 2009
- In February, Alliant started to report all our members' loans and payments to TransUnion, one of the nation's three largest credit bureaus.
Buyer beware: too-good-to-be true “FREE” offers
Jul 27, 2009
- Have you ever been tempted to accept a free trial for a product that offers you something you want? For instance, an item that promises to help you look your best, feel wonderful and lose excess pounds.
Did you receive IRS tax form 5498?
Jul 13, 2009
- If you made a rollover deposit in 2008 or contribution for tax year 2008 to your IRA, Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), you should have received an IRS form 5498 by May 31, 2009.
The Top 10 Causes of Debt
Jul 08, 2009
- People slip and fall – or plunge – into debt for a variety of reasons. Some debt, such as a student loan, is considered a “good debt” investment. Other reasons are problematic and, in today’s economy, increasingly more prevalent, such as job loss or being the owner of a failed business. Here’s a list of the most chronic causes of debt.