Inventory your belongings
Jan 27, 2012
- One of the most important things you can do to protect your belongings is to know what you have. You may have a homeowners or renters insurance policy that will pay to have your household items replaced if they are stolen, lost or damaged.
Staying secure with your Social Security Number
Jan 26, 2012
- It's in your best interest to protect your SSN whenever possible. Here are some general rules of thumb for when to give your SSN and when not to.
Credit card newbies: Don’t become a debt head
Jan 23, 2012
- Keep in mind that a charge on your card is a loan. So, before you make any purchase, ask "Would I go take out a loan for this?" Despite the horror stories, prudent use of a credit card is a good thing.
Deciding what to purchase: beware of the small purchases
Jan 22, 2012
- Individual financial success is largely determined by purchasing and savings habits, and in particular, the mundane, day-to-day decisions we make on everything we purchase.
Why credit unions rock, why big banks don’t
Jan 20, 2012
- Ever since the start of the current recession, big banks have produced big headaches - initially by receiving bailouts from the government and now by threatening to assess their customers with a flurry of hefty new fees. In response, financial experts and others have recommended credit unions as a smart alternative.
Does money = happiness?
Jan 11, 2012
- Does money = happiness? Well, to a degree. According to Harvard University psychology professor Dan Gilbert: “Once you get your basic needs met, a lot more money doesn’t make a lot more happiness.” That’s because the more money people make, the more they tend to want.
How to pick a health club
Jan 10, 2012
- Be sure to stay within your budget, no matter what incentives (if any) you're offered. In general, avoid steep initiation fees, long-term contracts or hefty prepayment of membership dues. You may want to lose weight - but not because your wallet is lighter.
Your 2011 IRS Tax Forms
Jan 06, 2012
- Your 2011 IRS Tax Forms are available online
Why dividend rates change
Jan 02, 2012
- We’re often asked, “Why do dividend rates decline?” especially in the current economic environment. So here is a brief explanation why our rates change and what it means for Alliant Credit Union members.
Alliant Credit Union Beats the Banks in Customer Satisfaction
Dec 28, 2011
- When it comes to customer satisfaction, Alliant Credit Union beats the banks, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).