Who can Join Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Any employee or member of a Qualifying Organization
- Any person who lives, works or worships in a qualifying Chicagoland Community
- Any member of Foster Care to Success
- Any person related by blood or law to an existing Alliant member
- Domestic partners of unmarried members
Membership lasts a lifetime
A member retains their membership on the basis of "once a member, always a member" status. If membership is established by a child 12 years or younger, a parent member must sign for the child.
Online Membership Application
To complete the secure online membership application you must be 18 years or older. If you have a credit freeze you must temporarily release it in order to apply.
If you are opening an account for a minor or have a Fraud Victim Alert with a credit bureau you will have to mail us a paper membership application (PDF).
Complete the Membership Enrollment Agreement (PDF), print and mail with your initial deposit to Alliant Credit Union. For your protection and ours, fax copies are not accepted.
The USA Patriot Act requires verification of identity. For all mailed in agreements, please include a photocopy of a government issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, state ID or Passport) for all owners on the account. If you include a Passport, also include a photocopy of documentation verifying your home address such as a utility bill, lease agreement, voter registration card or vehicle registration. For minor accounts, please provide the ID of all adults on the account.
Applicants with a Fraud Victim Alert
If at any time you or a joint applicant on your account (if applicable) established a Fraud Victim Alert with a credit bureau, a paper Membership Enrollment Agreement (PDF) must be submitted.
Applicants with a Credit Freeze
- Prior to submitting an online membership enrollment agreement, you must temporarily release the credit freeze in order to proceed.
- You can complete a paper Membership Enrollment Agreement (PDF) and select the checkbox indicating that you have a credit freeze. An Alliant Account Services representative will contact you upon receipt of your agreement to complete the process.
Share the Alliant Advantage
We’ve made it easy for you to share the Alliant Advantage with family and friends. Just provide your name and email along with the email of the person you’d like to refer (up to 5 at a time), and we’ll send them a short email message with information about the Alliant Advantage.