Who can Join Alliant Credit Union?
Alliant membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Any employee or retiree of a Qualifying Company
- Any member of a Qualifying Organization/Association
- Any person who lives, works or worships in a qualifying Chicagoland Community
- Any member of Foster Care to Success
- Any relative or person related by blood or law to an existing Alliant member
- Domestic partners of unmarried members
Membership lasts a lifetime
A member retains their membership on the basis of "once a member, always a member" status. If membership is established by a child 12 years or younger, a parent member must sign for the child.
Share the Alliant Advantage
We’ve made it easy for you to share the Alliant Advantage with family and friends. Just provide your name and email along with the email of the person you’d like to refer (up to 5 at a time), and we’ll send them a short email message with information about the Alliant Advantage.
To complete our secure online membership application you must be 18 years or older and have:
- Valid U.S. government issued ID (e.g. Driver’s License, Passport, State or Military ID) or Foreign Passport
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
If you have a credit freeze you must temporarily release it in order to apply. If you are opening an account for a minor or have a Fraud Victim Alert with a credit bureau you will have to mail us a paper membership application (PDF).
Complete the Membership Enrollment Agreement (PDF), print and mail with your initial deposit to Alliant Credit Union. For your protection and ours, fax copies are not accepted.
Important information about procedures for opening a new account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.