An Alliant savings account is the first step to becoming a member-owner in Alliant Credit Union.
- 0.80% APY
- 6.2x higher than the bank industry average*
- High dividends paid monthly on average daily balances of $100 or more
- At least $250,000 in NCUA insurance through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund
- Convenience Card account access
- $5 deposit minimum
- No maximum balance limit
You can designate your Alliant savings as a single, joint, single/joint with one or more beneficiaries or living trust ownership account.
You can access your account through:
- Online Banking
- Self Service Telephone (SST) 800-482-5328
- Service Centers
- Member Contact Center 800-328-1935 (24/7)
Move your savings and direct deposits to Alliant with our Switch Kit Forms.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. View Disclosures
*Comparison of Alliant October 2014 Savings Dividend and national average bank savings obtained from Datatrac as of October 1, 2014.
Our Convenience Card gives you secure access to your Alliant savings account at participating ATM networks worldwide.
- Make cash withdrawals, up to $500 a day
- Make deposits up to $10,000 per day
- Request balance information
- Enjoy unlimited free transactions at Alliant-owned ATMs
- Enjoy surcharge-free transactions at more than 80,000 ATMs, including CO-OP Network, Alliance One, CU24/CU Here, Allpoint and Bank of the West ATMs
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I really open a savings account with just $5?
Yes. You can open an Alliant savings account and become a member for just $5. Everybody has to start somewhere, and we want to make it as easy as possible for new members to begin to save, even if it starts with just $5.
Is there a minimum balance?
The minimum balance to keep your savings account open is only $5.
Do I have to maintain a minimum to get dividends?
In order to qualify for dividends, you must maintain a daily average minimum balance of $100. Alliant dividends are paid monthly.
Are there any transaction restrictions?
No more than 6 preauthorized, automatic, electronic, or telephone transfers and withdrawals may be made to another account in any month. Additional transactions will not be completed and will be returned unpaid. If this is the case, you will be assessed an NSF fee. You can make unlimited transfers (no limit) at an ATM, in person at a Service Center, through the mail or to any Alliant Credit Union loan.
What is a preauthorized transaction?
A preauthorized transaction includes any arrangement with us to pay a third party from your account upon oral or written orders including orders received through the automated clearing house (ACH).
Check our fee schedule.